Wednesday, November 2, 2011

what

I close my eyes and I'm standing in the middle of a field. The bushes are green and the meadows are golden. The sky is cloudy and I can hear water running in a shallow river somewhere nearby. Out there in the horizon I can see rows of pine trees stretched as far as the eyes can see.
There's a gentle breeze touching my skin. It's coming from the mountains behind the rows of trees in the distance. There's some snow scattered on top of them.
There's a flock of wild deer running through the vast meadows below the hill I'm standing on top of. there's a big old tree spreading its many branches to create a large shadow beneath it. I'm standing in its shadow.
I know I have a little hut behind the hill somewhere. Where the fire is burning beneath a kettle with water inside. The wooden logs crackling gently.
Home.

No comments: