Friday, September 10, 2010

A Little TOO Much Work


I love Wikipedia.
What's beautiful about it is that it's a living, breathing thing. The very icing on Internet 2.0's cake. It's also my most favorite website and no day goes by that I don't visit it at least a dozen times and often much more. It's like the worldly knowledge at the tip of my fingertips. a vast database of humanly knowledge inside my humble little computer.
And you know what? Sometimes I want to add to it. Contribute, if you will, to the sea of wisdom this website brings. There have been many times that I wanted to contribute to Wikipedia and although sometimes I did, including editing articles about:
Psychology, Philosophy, Linguistics, Video Games (in many categories of consoles, brands, companies, games and video games themselves), Astronomy, TV shows and pop culture, Electronics etc.
But I still had much difficulty editing as freely and easily as I could. You see, Wikipedia is a wonderful website if you want to Read. But if you want to add to what you're reading something of your own, although it's free, it's a pretty complicated task. Outright unusable sometimes for a casual internet/PC user without prior knowledge of advanced HTML coding who knows something and wants to share.
So I urge the administrators and Webmasters down at Wikipedia to start thinking of a much MUCH more user-friendly environment of knowledge contribution instead of shying away from a design challenge and/or being afraid of schemes of "sabotage". Be assured that I am indeed hoping for a safe and strong security system (which is thankfully already dominant in the system) which would still control the data and information flow as per regulations. But alongside it I want the more user-friendly interface. Because as any other Wiki resource, Wikipedia is the child of the world wide web and its users. You could even say the same for the Internet itself!
So I'm urging you to give power to the people! allow them to add to this rich cornucopia of knowledge so that it may grow, prosper and be the seed which our generation sow for our children to reap.

Hamed,
A Loyal Fan

1 comment:

Milad Taleghani said...

ma az wikipedia amadim, azin bebad har kasi mikhad post kone bayad doreye kamele proffetionale C++ ro tamum karde bashe, va scane madrakesho ba copyie barabare aslesho vase ma befrese...

har kasiam az iran bashe tahrime, va mostaghim bomb mindazim rush..


ha ha ha ha! :-.